Wugen Inc. is seeking exceptional and highly motivated candidates to join our growing CMC team in St. Louis. This scientist will work closely with fellow scientists to develop and evaluate the activity and efficacy of novel candidate cellular therapeutics. This candidate will be responsible for the execution and analysis of in vitro preclinical studies and will play a vital role in the translation of our novel cell therapies to the clinic. The compensation package will be competitive and commensurate with experience and the specific level of the candidate.
- Execution of laboratory protocols and critical analysis of experimental data.
- Perform molecular and cell-based assays to evaluate novel cellular therapies.
- Detailed documentation of experimental procedures and processes.
- Isolate and culture of primary immune cells, including T-cells and NK cells.
- Perform in vitro cell based assays such as cytotoxicity, activation, proliferation, immune phenotyping and gene editing (CRISPR/Cas9) of human immune cells.
- Ph.D. degree in immunology, biology, pharmacology, or related scientific discipline with 2+ years of work experience.
- A strong academic career with publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Self-motivated with ability to operate effectively within an entrepreneurial fast-paced work environment and to work independently and collaboratively to achieve program and company goals.
- Extensive knowledge in molecular biology, including transfection, transduction and gene editing techniques.
- A problem solver with strong ability to generate, interpret and present scientific data.
- Strong knowledge in standard software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication of data.