Wugen Inc. is seeking exceptional and highly motivated candidates to join our growing R&D teams in San Diego and St. Louis. This candidate will be responsible for the design and execution of in vitro and in vivo preclinical studies and will play a vital role in the translation of our novel cell therapies to the clinic. The level of the position and compensation package will be competitive and commensurate with experience and the specific level of the candidate.
- Experience in isolation and culture of primary immune cells, including T-cells and NK cells.
- Strong background in immunology with in-depth understanding of tumor biology and T-cell and NK cell biology.
- Hands on experience in in vitro cell based assays such as cytotoxicity, activation, proliferation and immune phenotyping.
- Extensive knowledge in molecular biology, including transfection, transduction and gene editing techniques.
- Prior experience with basic laboratory techniques such as multicolor flow cytometry, cytokine analysis techniques and cytotoxicity assays using Incucyte is preferred.
- Experience with immunology/immuno-oncology in vivo models, including xenograft and syngeneic tumor models is strongly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to train, supervise and mentor junior scientists
- Ph.D. degree in immunology, biology, pharmacology, or related scientific discipline with 2+ years of work experience.
- BS/MS degree with minimum 6+ years of work experience
- A strong academic career with high impact publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Self-motivated with ability to operate effectively within an entrepreneurial fast-paced work environment and to work independently and collaboratively to achieve program and company goals
- A problem solver with strong ability to generate, interpret and present scientific data
- Strong knowledge in standard software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.